Abstract Submission Guidelines and Presentation Agreement
- All abstracts should be submitted online at http://ntdkenya.health.go.ke/conference
- The abstract submission deadline is 5th November, 2018.
- The Abstract should be between 200-300 words. This limit does not include the abstract title.
- The Abstract should summarize the work done in such a way that it can be understood by any interested reader and not only experts in that study/field/subject. It should include the following sections:
o Introduction/Background – the context and problem investigated/purpose of the study
o Methods – how the study was performed and statistical tests used
o Results – the main findings
o Conclusions – brief summary and potential implications
- As a general guide, the TITLE should be concise and informative, should include initials and name(s) of the authors, full postal address(es) of the institutional affiliations. An example is illustrated below:
Title: Assessment of Knowledge, Attitudes and Practice on Bilharzia control by communities of Nyalenda Informal settlement, Kisumu City-Kenya
Gladys Odhiambo1, Selpha Miller1, Rosemary Musuva1, Vincent Atuncha1, Elizabeth T. Mutete1, Maurice R. Odiere1, Rosebella O. Onyango2 and Pauline N. Mwinzi 1
1Center for Global Health Research, Kenya Medical Research Institute, P. O. Box 1578-
40100, Kisumu, Kenya; 2 School of Public Health and Community Development, Maseno
University; P. O. Box Private Bag, Maseno-Kenya.
- Abstract acceptance notices will be issued in November.
You will be provided a space approximately 4 feet high x 4 feet wide (121 cm x 121 cm) for your poster.
All oral presentations are expected to last 10 minutes, followed by a brief 5 minute session of questions/feedback from the audience. Specific program details including date of your presentation and focus theme area will be circulated in due course.